More on David Barron's, webpages and life experiences.

The Barron Universe Slideshow

Monday, December 27, 2004

50Plus.com.

It's interesting seeing how average people "save" for their retirement. Gee, life would be simple if we all had a rich uncle or incredible talents.
50Plus.com.: "I am a 50-year-old freelance writer, and last year I grossed about $32,000. I married late in life (46), had a child even later (48) and took on my first mortgage last March. At the time I met my wife, I had about $15,000 in RRSPs, but we cashed in most of that earlier this year, along with the better part of my wife's savings, in order to buy our home, a home we needed because we had a son, my beautiful two-year-old boy, James, who is the light of our lives but whose day care alone costs us $700 a month. We also started an RESP for him that costs us another $100 a month each.
Put the mortgage and the child together, and you're looking at a couple who's contemplating Freedom 95."

Cartoon World